It’s date night for me. But before I enjoy a movie, popcorn, and snuggling with my boo, I want to encourage busy pastors to love their wives.
“Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her,”
Ephesians 5:25 NKJV
As pastors we must remember Christ loves the church so much, he’s called us and constrained our lives in service to him. We are his vessels to pour out loving messages on his church. But sometimes our service to the church takes a toll on our wives.
The hours we spend preparing sermons, visiting the sick, teaching, preaching, and reaching are usually hours where our attention is taken from our wives. That can lead our wives to feel like they’re competing with the church for our attention. It could even lead to resentment for our ministries. We need to take a break from the ministry work and love our wives like Christ loves the church.
Here are some ideas:
* Set a date night
* Turn everyday activities into dates (go shopping and buy an ice cream cone)
* Rent a movie (and turn the phone off)
* Go out to her favorite restaurant
* Get his and hers manicures
* Get a couples massage
* Cook a special meal together (try a new recipe)
* Attend a local theatre event
* Visit a local art festival
* Have a picnic together
* If you have a pool or access to a pool, go for a swim when it’s less crowded.
* Find activities on Groupon like painting classes for couples or glass blowing
* Just do something!
2 thoughts on “Date night!”
Good advise. That will help keep your marriage strong.
Not only Pastors but husbands love your wives.