“And the Lord God said, It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him.” (Genesis 2:18 NKJV)
Genesis 2:18-23 tells the story of the world’s first date. Here it is in a nutshell:
1. God determines it’s not good for Adam to be alone and decides to make a companion for him.
2. God went to work making potential companions (animals) from the earth and brought them to Adam to see what he would call them (kind of like blind dates).
3. Adam puts name tags on the blind dates, concludes none of them are comparable to him, and releases them into the wild.
4. God puts Adam to sleep, takes one of his ribs, makes a woman, and brings her to Adam just like the other dates to see what he would call her.
5. Adam calls her woman and says she is bone of his bone and flesh of his flesh.
Many singles today can relate to Adam’s experience. They’ve wasted a lot of time on countless dates with cheetahs, peacocks, and orangatans with little success of finding someone comparable to themselves.
Let me make a suggestion: Search God’s word and apply it to your life to mold yourself into God’s man or woman. Seek guidance from the Holy Spirit to determine the direction for your life. Adjust your dating filter to only catch the person who’s life is prepared by God to be joined to the life you have with God. Any potential mate who isn’t headed in the same direction or living by the same Godly principles should be simply tagged and released back into the wild.